BLACKSBURG — The Virginia Tech women’s basketball team (11-3, 3-0) returns to the floor on Sunday, January 9 to take on No. 19 North Carolina.
Tech enjoyed an open date Thursday after COVID-19 issues within the Virginia program forced a postponement of the scheduled contest at Cassell Coliseum.
Center Elizabeth Kitley is once again the ACC’s Player of the Week, for the fourth time this season. She is the first ACC women’s basketball athlete to record four of the first eight POW awards since Alana Beard in 2001-02.
Kitley was also placed on the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 list on Wednesday night.
The Hokies have won three straight at Carmichael Arena and are on a record run of five straight road wins in ACC play dating back to last season.
Sunday, January 9 | 6:00 p.m. ET
at No. 19 North Carolina
Game Notes: Virginia Tech (PDF)
Play-by-Play: Angel Gray
Analyst: Chelsea Gray
Virginia Tech Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Evan Hughes
- Virginia Tech is 10-20 all-time against the Tar Heels.
- VT is 4-10 against UNC at Carmichael, winning each of the last three times.
- VT is 8-13 against UNC in ACC play.
A WIN WOULD…
- Help the Hokies to a 4-0 start in ACC play for the first time in program history. VT last started conference play 4-0 in 2001-02 when they were 5-0 in BIG EAST play.
- Be Tech’s second against a ranked opponent this season. The last time VT won multiple games against ranked teams in one season was 2004-05 when they beat three.