TEXAS HILL COUNTRY – Grab your friends and family and head to the Texas Hill Country where you can experience culture, history, and family fun alongside the beautiful Hill Country scenery.
Soak in the heritage while strolling around Gruene’s Historic District and Boerne’s Hill Country Mile. The colorful storefronts and historic buildings will bring feelings of nostalgia with some of the most stunning historic buildings. Appreciate some of the finest Victorian architecture in the state of?Texas in Historic Downtown Georgetown. Take the kids to an ancient earthquake cave at Wonder World Cave & Adventure Park or take a splash in some of Texas’s freshest natural rivers. Take in the gorgeous wildflowers and unwind with glass along the Texas Wine Trail.
Pick up Chance and Community Chest cards for unexpected prizes and penalties and bankrupt your opponents by improving all your properties. With a number of both famous and lesser known locations to discover, there’s plenty here for locals and visitors alike to enjoy. Now y’all can check out all of your favorite Texas Hill Country hot spots around the table with your own city edition of MONOPOLY. It’s the only place where you can put a hotel on Enchanted Rock to bankrupt your friends!
The world’s most iconic board game, available in 114 countries and over 47 languages, today expands to release one of the first completely customized, geographic game boards created for the North American market –Texas Hill Country! Created and manufactured by Top Trumps USA, Inc. under license from Hasbro, the official owner of the Monopoly game and brand, the game is available for purchase today at local retailers.
“As a Texan, I’m incredibly excited to present this edition. There was so much I didn’t know about my own backyard! I learned so much about the rich history, culture, and natural beauty the Hill Country has to offer. So many families have lived here for generations and their deep roots are evident in the way they show love for their communities and each other. I can’t wait for more people to discover what makes the Hill Country so unique and wonderful, just like I did.” Katie Hubbard, Sales Executive, Top Trumps USA, Inc. “We worked hard to incorporate all of the important feedback we received from locals to truly make this a fun game for the community!”
Beloved icons, businesses and favorite locations that are highlighted on the board include:
- Enchanted Rock holds the boards most iconic and most expensive piece of real estate with a bright blue square, costing four hundred Monopoly dollars to purchase. Closely following, Hamilton Pool occupies the second priciest square on the board at three hundred and fifty Monopoly dollars.
- Iconic parks and beloved outdoor spaces featured include Pedernales Falls State Park, Stonehenge II, Cibolo Center for Conservation, Jacob’s Well, the Comal River, the Blanco River, and the Guadalupe River.
- Historical locations including The National Museum of the Pacific War, Lyndon B. Johnson National Park, Gruene’s Historic District, Historic Downtown Georgetown, Dr. Pound Historical Farmstead Museum, and The Carrington are also featured.
- Arts, culture and nature are all well-loved areas in town, so the Hill Country Mile, Old Gruene Market Days, Dance Hall, Wonderworld Cave & Adventure Park, are important pieces of real estate on the board.
- Local favorites include Hoffman Haus, Otto’s German Bistro
- Lastly, celebrated are the beautiful Texas Wildflowers because they paint the Hill Country each Spring with their natural beauty.
With all squares on the board completely personalized for the Texas Hill Country community, the Community Chest cards feature The Helping Hand of Bandera County and Hill Country Family Services, and The Mermaid Society of Texas along with the Hays County Food Bank and The Helping Center serving as Chance cards.
Texas Hill Country Monopoly is available at local and online retailers, including Fredericksburg General Store, Biedermann’s Ace Hardware, Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods, Das Peach Haus, J. Forks Designs, and The Dienger Trading Co. The game retails for $39.99.