How to watch Grizzlies vs. Pistons basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Through 1 Quarter
The Memphis Grizzlies are flexing their muscles against the Detroit Pistons, showing why they were favored to win all along. The Grizzlies are in control with a 32-18 lead over Detroit.
The Grizz has been relying on the performance of shooting guard Ziaire Williams, who has 11 points along with two steals. Detroit hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to four points or fewer.
Detroit @ Memphis
Current Records: Detroit 7-29; Memphis 25-14
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Memphis Grizzlies are heading back home. They will take on the Detroit Pistons at 8 p.m. ET Thursday at FedExForum. Coming off of a win even when the odds were against them, the Grizzlies have to be feeling especially confident now that the spread is in their favor.
On Tuesday, Memphis narrowly escaped with a victory as the team sidled past the Cleveland Cavaliers 110-106. Memphis’ point guard Ja Morant did his thing and had 26 points and six assists along with five boards.
Meanwhile, Detroit was expected to have a tough go of it on Wednesday, and that’s exactly how things played out. 2022 “welcomed” them with a 140-111 beatdown courtesy of the Charlotte Hornets. Detroit was down 100-75 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The top scorers for Detroit were power forward Trey Lyles (17 points), shooting guard Cade Cunningham (16 points), and small forward Josh Jackson (15 points).
This next matchup looks promising for the Grizzlies, who are favored by a full 12.5 points. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Memphis ended up a good deal behind the Pistons when they played when the two teams previously met in May of last year, losing 111-97. Maybe Memphis will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports – Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.86
The Grizzlies are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 12.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Memphis have won seven out of their last 12 games against Detroit.
- May 06, 2021 – Detroit 111 vs. Memphis 97
- Feb 19, 2021 – Memphis 109 vs. Detroit 95
- Feb 03, 2020 – Memphis 96 vs. Detroit 82
- Jan 24, 2020 – Memphis 125 vs. Detroit 112
- Apr 09, 2019 – Detroit 100 vs. Memphis 93
- Jan 02, 2019 – Detroit 101 vs. Memphis 94
- Apr 08, 2018 – Memphis 130 vs. Detroit 117
- Feb 01, 2018 – Detroit 104 vs. Memphis 102
- Apr 09, 2017 – Detroit 103 vs. Memphis 90
- Dec 21, 2016 – Memphis 98 vs. Detroit 86
- Jan 14, 2016 – Memphis 103 vs. Detroit 101
- Dec 09, 2015 – Memphis 93 vs. Detroit 92